My Gutter Doctor now provides Roof Cleaning in Frederick, MD and the rest of our service areas throughout Maryland. Save money on roof replacements by extending the life of your existing shingles, while improving the curb appeal of your home!
Our homes are our most important and biggest investment we’ll ever make. And the roof is your homes primary defense against the elements. Therefore maintaining your homes primary defense is a great way of protecting your investment.
Allow the experts at My Gutter Doctor to safely remove black streaks, algae, lichen, mildew, spores, and other organic growths from you shingles with our roof cleaning treatment.
Find out more below about how you can save money long term with Roof Cleaning Treatment in Frederick, MD and the rest of our service areas.
ROOF CLEANING TREATMENT REMOVES:
POLLEN & SAP
OTHER ORGANIC GROWTHS
LOW PRESSURE SOFT WASH SAFELY CLEANS ROOFS
Our low pressure soft wash method safely and gently cleans roof shingles without causing damages. With a focus more on cleaning solutions rather than water pressure, soft washing is a safe way to prolong the life of your roof, and increase the curb appeal of your home.
Soft Washing is the only method recommended by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA) to safely clean and eliminate organic growths from roof shingles. Therefore, our roof cleaning treatment will not effect or void any roofing warranties.
BLACK STREAKS DESTROY ROOF SHINGLES
One very common misconception among homeowners is that black streaks on the roof are simply dirt, soot, or just worn out shingles. As it turns out the black streaks are actually a bacteria that literally eats roofing shingles.
Black streaks on the roof are a type of bacteria called Gloeocapsa Magma that thrives in humid environments. This bacteria eats the limestone filler (calcium carbonate) that asphalt shingles are made from, and causes them to decompose at a much faster rate.
Over time the black will continue to streak downwards and increase in size as the colony grows larger. This leads to the shingle grit shedding from the shingles which renders them ineffective. Eventually Gleocacpsa Magma will eat through the shingles which leads to more expensive damages.
If left to run rampant for long enough, the bacteria from black streaks will destroy the shingles to the point that water is able to go through the shingles and damage the roof decking. Since the purpose of roof shingles is to prevent water from touching the roof decking or rafters, this is very bad news. Moisture trapped under shingles will cause rot form. Therefore it is important to keep an eye on black streaks (and other growths) on the roof and not let them spread before it’s too late.
BENEFITS OF ROOF CLEANING TREATMENT IN FREDERICK, MD
KILLS AND STERILIZES ALL ORGANIC GROWTHS
RESTORES ROOF SHINGLES TO “LIKE NEW” APPEARANCE
EXTEND THE LIFESPAN OF YOUR ROOF
ROOF MANUFACTURER APPROVED
INCREASE CURB APPEAL
MAINTAIN PROPERTY VALUE
PROMOTES A HEALTHIER HOME
-KILLS AND STERILIZES ALL ORGANIC GROWTHS-
Organisms such as algae, mold, lichen, and bacteria all grow and thrive in the humid conditions created by roof shingles. Our roof cleaning treatment safely and gently kills spores from all types of organic growths, and prevents them for returning for years to come.
-RESTORES ROOF TO A LIKE NEW APPEARANCE-
With a Roof Cleaning Treatment the shingles are able to return to a “like new” appearance.
-ROOF CLEANING EXTENDS THE LIFESPAN OF YOUR ROOF-
Increase the lifespan of shingles by eliminating the chances for harmful organisms such as bacteria, mold, algae, lichen and mildew to grow. Properly maintained roofs can last up to 50% longer with routine cleanings. Get a few extra years out of your shingles with a roof cleaning treatment in Frederick, MD.
-SHINGLE MANUFACTURER APPROVED-
Soft Washing is the only method of Shingle Roof Cleaning that is approved by the Asphalt Roofing Manufacturers Association (ARMA).
-ROOF CLEANING SAVES MONEY-
Roof Cleaning Treatment saves money by protecting your shingles from damages. By extending the lifespan of your roof, money is saved on shingle replacement.
Dirt, soot, biomass, and organic growths accumulate on the roof which make the home less energy efficient. Thus contributing to higher energy costs.
-INCREASE CURB APPEAL-
The roof is the biggest part of the home, and often the first thing that people notice. Restore your roof back to the best condition possible with our roof cleaning treatment.
-MAINTAIN PROPERTY VALUE-
Homes with organic growths and stains on the roof are going to fetch much less in today’s housing market. In most cases the cost of a new roof will be factored into the price if discolorations are present. However, with a roof cleaning treatment you can restore the roof back to a like new condition before the sale, and ultimately fetch more money.
-PROMOTES A HEALTHIER HOME-
A clean home is a healthy home. Contaminants such as pollen, mildew, dust, spores, algae, lichen, mold, bacteria, etc… all collect on roof shingles. These pollutants are harmful to our health as they contribute to allergies, sinus infections, and other breathing problems.
The cleaning and sterilization of these harmful substances promotes a healthier home overall. In addition our roof cleaning treatment prevents these organisms from growing back for years.
ESTIMATE REQUEST FORM
Use the form below to request a quote for Roof Cleaning and/or any of our other Pressure Washing Services. To combine Pressure Washing Services with Gutter Services, please follow this link to use our Free Estimate Form.
HOW ROOF CLEANING WORKS
-OUR STEP BY STEP ROOF CLEANING TREATMENT PROCESS-
- PREPERATION: The first step with any of our pressure washing services, is to prep the vegetation around the home by pre-soaking the plants/flowers/bushes with clean water. Pre-soaking the plants prevents the chemicals from sticking to the plants and causing harm. Soaking beforehand also helps the ground absorb the dirty roof water faster.
- REMOVE ALL DEBRIS FROM THE ROOF & GUTTER SYSTEM: This step is technically preparation, but important enough to be noted separately. We clean and remove all debris from the roof, the gutters, and the downspouts before we begin our roof cleaning process. This ensures that the dirty roof water will drain through the gutter system properly, without splashing and streaking the house.
- ROOF TREATMENT APPLICATION: Once the roof and gutters are cleaned of debris the next step is the first application of the roof treatment. We use a low pressure soft wash system to gently apply the roof cleaning treatment to all sections of the roof at this time. Our roof treatment solution kills all organism that grow on the roof, and prevents them from returning for years. Once the entire roof is coated with the treatment solution, we allow it to soak for a while.
- RINSE VEGATATION: While the roof cleaning treatment soaks into the roof, we like to go back around and rinse all nearby vegetation. This ensures any chemicals that may have contacted the plants during treatment is rinsed away and leeched into the ground.
- SPOT CHECK AND RE-TREATMENT: After the initial treatment has soaked into the roof for about an hour, our next step is to examine the roof and re-apply treatment to problem areas. Areas with heavy accumulation of black streaks may require a 2nd and possibly a 3rd treatment, which requires to repeat steps 4 and 5.
- TREATMENT APPLICATION COMPLETED: Once the roof treatment application is satisfactory and most black has begun to change color, the first part of the service is complete and the treatment is allowed to soak on the roof until it dries.
- FINAL VEGATATION RINSE: The last thing we do on every pressure washing service, is to re-rinse all vegetation before we pack everything up.
- THE TREATMENT SOLUTION CLEANS AND STERILIZES DURING RAIN: Once the roof treatment dries the chemicals turn to a powder that coats the roof. Then every time it rains the chemicals are re-activated as they re-clean and re-sterilize the shingles. After about 3-5 good downpours the roof treatment will be completely rinsed from the roof, which finally reveals the new look of your restored shingles.
- FOLLOW UP VISIT / SPOT CHECK / RE-TREAT: We schedule a Follow Up Visit within 30-60 days of the initial roof treatment. This is basically to give time for a couple good rains to re-activate the solutions, and wash them away. During the follow up visit we check the roof shingles for any spots that still have organic growths or black streaks. If any spots are still present we re-apply treatment to those areas as needed. And then re-schedule another follow up visit. If no black streaks or organic growths are present during the follow up, then the roof cleaning is completed.
ROOF CLEANING TREATMENT WORKS ON THESE TYPES OF ROOFS:
TOP REASONS TO CHOOSE MY GUTTER DOCTOR FOR ROOF CLEANING IN FREDERICK
HOME EXTERIOR CLEANING SPECIALISTS
100% SATISFACTION GUARANTEE
FLAT RATES / NO HIDDEN FEES
PAY AFTER SERVICE IS COMPLETED
NO SUB CONTRACTORS / PIECE RATE WORKERS
SERVICE NOTIFICATIONS & UPDATES
CUSTOMER FRIENDLY SCHEDULING
EXTERIOR PACKAGE DISCOUNTS AVAILABLE
FULLY LICENSED AND INSURED
LOCAL MARYLAND SMALL BUSINESS
VETERAN & FIRST RESPONDER OWNED
NOW ON INSTAGRAM AND FACEBOOK
To check out high definition photos of our work please visit our INSTAGRAM or FACEBOOK pages. Unfortunately today’s web page load speeds have not caught up with the size of high resolution images. After more than a couple photos on one page the page begins to load too slow.
Therefore we started uploading our recent job photos to Instagram and Facebook since they are both great resources. They both offer infinite photo storage with no loss of image quality.
Feel free to give us a follow on either app to keep an eye out for coupons and promotional offers.
CLICK HERE to check out our reviews on Google or to leave us a review.
ROOF CLEANING TREATMENT F.A.Q.’s
Is Pressure Washing safe for Asphalt Shingle Roofs?
No, pressure washing is not safe as it blasts the shingle grit off of the shingles. In addition pressure washing can stir the spores of these organisms, thus making them airborne.
How Is A Roof Cleaning Priced?
Our Roof Cleaning Treatment Service is priced by the square footage of the roof. Other contributing factors are roof height, amount of organic growths, difficulty level, and amount of chemicals needed.
How Long Until We See Results?
The full Roof Cleaning Treatment process can take anywhere from 1 to 4 weeks depending on rain fall. Our treatment soaks into the shingles and then dries to a powder. Each time it rains the chemicals are re-activated and the cleaning process repeats. It could take anywhere from 2-4 decent downpours to completely rinse the treatment which will reveal the final new look of the roof.
Do We Need To Turn The Water On For This Service?
Yes, we will need an outside water spigot to be turned on to complete this service, and all other Pressure Washing Services.
How Much Water Is Used During A Roof Cleaning Treatment Service?
Water usage can be anywhere from 100 to 500 gallons, depending on the size of the roof and the amount of vegetation around the home. Keep in mind the majority of the water is used to keep the plants rinsed before, during, and after the service.
What Types Of Cleaning Solution Will Be Used?
Our roof cleaning treatment uses a combination of Sodium Hypochlorite, Surfactants, and Fungicides to safely clean roofs while killing all organic growths.